Ø With a comeback this year making a strong statement as Taufeeq Umer added 831 runs with an average of 46.16 to his account, he is leading scorer among Pakistani players.
Ø Younis Khan another batsman added 781 to his account with 85 avg. and become the 4th Pakistani to score more than 6000 runs in Test career.
Ø In ODIs the other opener has emerged as the best all-rounder this year, made 1075 runs and took 32 wickets over the year.
Ø While talking about wickets we cannot complete it without Shahid Afridi, who has a great run in world cup and continue it through the year, the leading world cup wicket taker not only took 45 wickets in year 2011, but also reached the milestone of 300 ODI wickets.
Ø Also in same calendar year among top ten leading wicket takers in ODI three are Pakistani players, Shahid Afiridi, Saeed Ajmal & Mohammad Hafiz.
Ø We cannot ignore the efforts of Saeed Ajmal, as he took 50 Test wickets to become leading wicket taker of the year.
Ø Among the top ten leading test wicket takers Pakistan has its three players, including Saeed Ajmal at top, Abdur rehman with 36 wickets at 4th position, and Umer Gul with 34 wickets at 6th place.
These are the few record holders of this year, but the contribution of middle order and also seam bowlers are there to help Pakistan in record of six consecutive ODI series wins, also this year Pakistan named four Test series to itself. Some other bright features of the unit are:
- Pakistan Team gained 5th position in rankings of both format.
- Younis Khan climbs to 5th position in Test ranking.
- The 8th spot in the Test ranking chart belongs to Saeed Ajmal
- Talk about ODI ranking Umer Akmal is at 10th, just manages to stay in Rankings.
- In bowling Department Pakistan has Three of its players among top ten, Saeed Ajmal leading the chart, as Mohammad Hafiz follows him at 2nd spot and Shahid Afridi manages the last (9th) rank in charts.
- Two of Pakistani all-rounder, Mohammad Hafeez (2nd) and Shahid Afridi (4th) shares the chart in ODIs ranking of all-rounder performance.